Random Acts of Kindness Week isn’t until February, but wouldn’t it be great if we showered our local quilt and fabric shop owners with a little kindness on their special day coming up next week (hint, hint: Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day is January 24)? Here are a few ideas to get you thinking:
- Deliver fresh-baked cookies or flowers to your LQS owner.
- Unite with other customers and “bomb” the shop’s front door with post-it notes saying what you love about the shop.
- Flood your shop’s Facebook page with compliments and “Why I Love My LQS” messages.
- Offer to serve refreshments to customers on Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day.
- Pay a compliment to your shop owner in person.
- Volunteer to take pictures for your shop owner at her Local Quilt Shop Day events and email them to her later (shop owners are always too busy with customers to take their own photos).
- Give the gift of your smile.
- Sweep off their front entrance
- Clean their front windows.
- Give your shop owner a pair of tickets to a sporting event, concert, or movie.
- Volunteer to stand at the door and open it and greet customers coming in on Local Quilt Shop Day.
- Invite your local quilt shop owner over for dinner.
- Write a handwritten note of thanks to your shop owner.
- Tweet your love for your local quilt shop!
Or, here’s idea number 15 – write a blog post this weekend about your favorite local quilt shop owner! In fact, we’re going to make it easy for you to do this and get some traffic to your blog. Check this post to learn more about the Local Quilt Shop Day blog tour that is going on all weekend long to raise awareness for the big event on January 24. You’ll learn how your blog can be featured right here on quiltshopday.com!
Do you have other ideas for Random Acts of Kindness you can show to shop owners for Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day? Leave a comment – we’d love to hear from you!
Photo courtesy of Flickr, chuckbiscuito