It’s going to be a fab event! Thousands of quilters and fabric lovers around the globe will be showing their support for local, independent quilt and fabric shops this week on Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day—a worldwide event to raise awareness for the importance of these businesses in their local economy and in the creative pursuits of quilters, sewists, fabric enthusiasts, and crafters everywhere.
Independent quilt and fabric shops will be hosting celebrations for Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day, Saturday, January 25, and offering customers product discounts, raffle giveaways, special classes, demonstrations, make-and-takes, and a fun photo contest to win a $100 shopping spree at your favorite local quilt or fabric shop. A $100
shopping spree will be awarded at each participating shop.
“This is the biggest days of the year to show support for local quilt shops,” says Laurie Harsh, President of The Fabric Shop Network, the trade organization for independent quilt and fabric shop owners.
“Quilt shops are vital to our industry, our Main Streets, and our local communities,” says Harsh. “They are much more than a retail venue — they are a place where sewists and quilters meet and connect, trade stories, take classes, and learn new techniques, and are inspired to work with fabric in exciting new ways.”
The event website, www.quiltshopday.com, is a hub for information and features the stories of many independent shops around the country. Be sure to visit your favorite local quilt or fabric shop this Thursday so you don’t miss out on the fun!
- Invite a friend to come to your favorite local shop with you December 26 – January 25, 2014, enter the fun fan photo contest.
- Write a blog post about your favorite local quilt or fabric shop and link it up to our blog tour.
- Tweet with #LQSday about your plans for the day. (You can follow us on Twitter here).
- Like our page on Facebook to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings.
- Share on Facebook your plans for the day and rally others to come shopping with you!
- Post photos of your favorite local quilt shop on Instagram with #LQSday.
- Enter our photo contest on www.quiltshopday.com
We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment and let us know how you plan to share with others about Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day!