1. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it. This privacy statement explains our policies and practices regarding online customer information. It is through this disclosure that we intend to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how we collect, use, and safeguard personal and other information we collect or that you provide through this website, and how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns. It is our sincere hope that by explaining our data handling practices we will develop a trusting and long-lasting relationship with you. By using the site, you agree to the terms of this privacy statement.
2. Information About Our Organization and Website:
2.1; 2.2 This Privacy Statement applies to www.QuiltShopDay.com and The Fabric Shop Network, Inc. family of websites.
3. Personally Identifiable Information We Collect From You:
3.1 When you visit QuiltShopDay.com we will not collect any personal information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily. Personal data includes information that is particular to you such as name, street address, telephone number, and email address. If you opt not to provide us with personal information you can still access our website, however you may be unable to participate in the sweepstakes, or receive product information or marketing materials.
3.2 Our primary goal in collecting personal information from you when you visit QuiltShopDay.com is to provide you the functionality and services that you need to have a meaningful and customized experience while using the site features.
4. How We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect:
4.1 Personally identifiable information collected on QuiltShopDay.com may be used to:
- Fulfill a site user request (e.g., sweepstakes entry, e-newsletter sign-up, or promotional materials including emails or other information)
- Respond to your comments or requests for information
- Make the user experience more customer friendly
- Contact you if necessary in the course of processing your entry
- Compile user data that is stored in our corporate database and may be used for marketing and other purposes
- Comply with legal requirements
5. How We Use the Aggregate or Non-Personally Identifiable Information We Collect:
5.1 Non-Personally identifiable information collected on QuiltShopDay.com may be used to:
- Compile aggregate and statistical data to help in website design and to identify popular features
- Measure site activity to allow us to update our site to better meet user wants and needs
- Make the user experience more customer friendly
5.2 QuiltShopDay.com utilizes non-personal data for the purpose of performing analytics on the user’s experience while visiting this site. This analysis:
- Is performed on an aggregate level and does not identify you or your information personally
- May involve the use of a third-party vendor acting on behalf of QuiltShopDay.com
- Is performed in order to improve our website and the user experience
- May include the use of session and/or persistent cookies to track user movement across this and other Fabric Shop Network, Inc. websites or to track other events within or across this and other Fabric Shop Network, Inc. websites
- Third-party vendors with which Fabric Shop Network, Inc. has entered into contracts to perform site analytics and which are provided aggregate information covered by this privacy statement are to use that information only to perform those services, and they may not share or resell this information
6. Sharing Your Information:
6.1 QuiltShopDay.com does not share, sell, or rent personally identifiable information with independent companies for their own use without providing you a choice.
6.2 Personal information that you provide to us in the course of requesting a product or service through this website may be gathered and stored in one or more of our corporate databases and be used for purposes of contacting you for things like promotional offers, marketing programs, or other communications from this website or other Fabric Shop Network, Inc. programs and services.
6.3 We may share personal information that we collect about you with other companies within The Fabric Shop Network, Inc. family of companies or subsidiaries. Our “family of companies” is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership. We share information within this “family” as a normal part of conducting business and offering products and services to our customers.
6.4 Personal information that you provide to QuiltShopDay.com and Facebook.com/quiltshopday may be shared with members of The Fabric Shop Network, Inc. This is necessary in order to provide a member with information for purposes of contacting you in their regular course of business. The member is not restricted by QuiltShopDay.com in their use of your data. Members of The Fabric Shop Network, Inc. who have access to your personal information in connection with providing services for QuiltShopDay.com are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for QuiltShopDay.com
6.5 Site metrics for QuiltShopDay.com may be shared with other Fabric Shop Network, Inc. websites or subsidiaries or affiliates. The information shared will be aggregate data and will not include any of your personally identifiable information.
6.6 QuiltShopDay.com will disclose your personal information, without notice, if (1) in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Fabric Shop Network, Inc., its affiliates or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Fabric Shop Network, Inc., its affiliates or this site; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of The Fabric Shop Network, Inc., or affiliate personnel, users of their websites, or the public; or (2) if required to do so by law.
6.7 Contest or sweepstakes entrants only: If you are providing personally identifiable information in connection with a contest or sweepstakes through this website, and if you are selected as a winner, we may include your personally identifiable information in a publicly available winner’s list. See the applicable contest or sweepstakes rules.
7. Access To and Control Over the Use of Your Information:
7.1 To correct or update your personal information contact us at Phone: (360) 666-2392; Mailing Address: The Fabric Shop Network, Inc., P.O. Box 820128, Vancouver, Washington 98682.
so that we may be able to process your changes. QuiltShopDay.com will use reasonable efforts to correct any factual inaccuracies in your information.
7.2 The scope of access available for this request is for information stored in the database that holds the data for QuiltShopDay.com. Any personal information that has been collected from you on other Company websites will not be accessible or changeable through the processing of this request.
8. Security of Your Information:
8.1 Safeguarding information of visitors to our website is important to us. We use systems, policies and procedures to maintain accuracy of information and to protect information from loss, misuse or alteration.
8.2 Members, contractors or partners of QuiltShopDay.com who have access to your personal information in connection with providing services for QuiltShopDay.com are required to keep the information confidential.
8.3 Contractors are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for QuiltShopDay.com.
9. Processing of Personal Data:
By visiting this site and by providing your personally identifiable information to us, you understand and consent to the collection, use, processing, transfer, and disclosure of your personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information globally — including to the United States – in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Therefore, by visiting this site and by providing such information, you consent to the transfer of such information across country borders, and to the use, processing, and disclosure of such information in global locations. Your consent shall be deemed to include your consent to transfer of the personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information to locations that may have different levels of privacy protection than in your own country.
10. Links to Other Sites:
10.2 QuiltShopDay.com provides links to other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of all sites that you visit, including those whose links are provided so that you can understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. QuiltShopDay.com is not responsible for the privacy statements, content or data handling practices on other websites.
11. Children’s Privacy:
11.1 QuiltShopDay.com does not knowingly intend to collect personal information from children under 13 years of age.
11.2 If a child has provided us with personal information a parent or guardian of that child may contact us at the phone number or mailing address listed in section 7 if they want this information deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from the database that stores information for QuiltShopDay.com
12. Contacting Us:
12.1 If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this online privacy statement for QuiltShopDay.com, or have any questions regarding the contents of this website please contact us at Phone: (360) 666-2392; Mailing Address: The Fabric Shop Network, Inc., P.O. Box 820128, Vancouver, Washington 98682.
13. Privacy Statement Effective Date and Revision Days:
13.1 Occasionally we may update the privacy statement for QuiltShopDay.com in order to reflect any changes to the website or our privacy practices. If we update this statement, the new statement will be posted to the website ten (10) days prior to the changes taking effect.
13.2 The effective date of this privacy statement is 11/24/2012.